Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Simple Textured Wall Art with String!

string art


DIY Simple Textured Wall Art with String!  

 

 This is a simple project, easy enough for kids.  All you need is a canvas, string, some sort of acid free glue, ( I used Collage Pauge decoupage glue I got at Joann's) Gesso and acrylic paint. Tools: large paint brush & scissors.


creating textured wall art


I  first thinned the Collage Pauge with a little water  in a container to make it drippy enough so it would run off the string, then dunked about a yard of string at a time into the Pauge, squished out the excess and then added the string to my canvas. Oh yes, it is good to wear some rubber gloves because this stuff is hard to get off of the hands!



When dry add 1-2 coats of Gesso. Let this dry.




 Then add color!

DIY textured wall art

easy wall art

                    Simple wall art to brighten our dark corner of our new townhouse

Like this idea? Comments welcomed!

17 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really gorgeous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. Will definitely try but with multiple colors on the strings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can it be used for an entire wall? If yes, pls tell me substitute for Collage Pauge and Gesso 'coz we don't get these products here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ano, To get the string to stick to the canvas, I rely on gravity; It would be difficult to get the string to stick on a wall. You could use diluted Elmer's glue and a primer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Your projects always inspire me so much!! I cannot wait until I have a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, thanks so much! I love having a big craft room :)

      Delete
  6. pretty pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete