Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy DIY Vintage Collage Pendants

 collage pendants


Easy DIY Vintage Collage Pendants. Make your own vintage style collage necklaces!  All you need are some vintage jewelry parts like small earrings, beads, pearls, findings, some scrapbook paper for the background and these pendant trays, glaze & glue I got from SunAndMoonCraftKits

 pendant tutorial


First, so the dark bronze color doesn't show through,  I used my paper punch to cut a 1" white paper circle ( you can do this with scissors)  and lightly glued it with the SunAndMoon Glaze, let it dry a bit then punched another 1" circle from my scrapbook paper and glued that over the white paper.
 necklace tutorial

After this dries,  I added a thicker coat of glaze and let dry overnight. Next I used the E-6000 to glue my jewelry parts;  I let this dry a couple hours then filled with glaze and added pearls or beads.

The glaze will become clear when dry.


And the finished upcycled collage pendants you can find in my Etsy shop:

upcycled pendants 


sisters necklaces
Here I made matching necklaces from cameo earrings for sisters, mother-daughters or best friends!

18 comments:

  1. Those look beautiful. :)

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinteresting-party-week-twenty-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. Very inspirational and the tutorial is easy for people to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christine; These are so fun to make : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this tutorial Great Idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks beautiful! And now I know I have to use white paper underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate the tutorial very easy and informative instructions.

    Have a great day,Doris Price

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara -bcameron8@tampabay.rr.comApril 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM

    Really cute. So much room to customize. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and I love the 'how to'!! I'll share on Friday #junkgypsyfriday xxxx Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete